Forms and Skill Sheets
Every level of certification a candidate is requesting for a skills test MUST have an application.
Example: A new firefighter is entering the system and is testing for Firefighter I. That candidate MUST submit an application for Hazmat Awareness and Operations as well as Firefighter I if they wish to test those pre requisites at the same time as Firefigter I.
Some big changes in Hazmat testing in 2019. Idaho Fire Service Technology is making the change from NFPA 472 to NFPA 1072. What this means to testing for IFSAC this year is a revamping of the skills exams. There is a break down below.
NFPA 1072 Awareness and Operations will go live as of January 1st, 2019.
NFPA 472 Awareness and Operations will continue to be available for testing until March 31st 2019.
Awareness now requires a skills component for testing. This has been built into 2 skills, one of which will be randomly chosen for test day.
Awareness is a prerequisite to Operations same as with NFPA 472.
Mass Decon has been added back in as a Mission Specific Competency. There are now 2 skill sheets in Hazmat Operations for Mass Decon.
All forms for testing are now fillable online, when possible please fill out electronically then email to us, or print and fax or ground mail in. This greatly assists with our processing.
Certification Exam Request
- Certification Exam Request - Updated 6/2020
Certification Test Applications
- Hazardous Materials Awareness - Updated 6/2020
- Hazardous Materials Operations - Updated 6/2020
- Fire Fighter I - this application is 3 pages and includes a local verification and live fire form. Updated 6/2020
- Fire Fighter II - this application is 3 pages and includes a local verification form. Updated 6/2020
- Driver/Operator - Pumper - this application is 3 pages and includes 2 local verification forms. Updated 6/2020
- Fire Instructor I - Updated 6/2020
- Fire Officer I - Updated 6/2020
- Fire Officer II - Updated 6/2020
- Accommodation Form - Updated 6/2020
- Hazardous Materials Awareness
- Hazardous Materials Operations
- Hazardous Materials Operations practice sheets - These do not include the description sheets, only use to practice the steps.
- Firefighter I skill sheets. - NFPA 2013 version
- Firefighter I practice sheets - These do not include the description sheets, only use to practice the steps - NFPA 2013 version
- Firefighter II skill sheets - NFPA 2013 version
- Firefighter II practice sheets - These do not include the description sheets, only use to practice the steps - NFPA 2013 version
- Driver/Operator General skill sheets - This is just the Driver/Operator general portion on the test - NFPA 2017 version
- Flow Chart for Driver/Operator General Skills Test - An aid to navigate the new standard
- Driver/Operator Pumping Apparatus - NFPA 2017 version
- Flow Chart for Driver/Operator Pumping Apparatus Skills Test - An aid to navigate the new standard
- Fire Instructor I
- Fire Officer 1 portfolio - Word doc
- Fire Officer 1 portfolio - PDF file
- Fire Officer 2 Portfolio - Word doc
- Fire Officer 2 Portfolio - PDF
- Reciprocity Application - Updated 1/24/2018
- Qualification Application Form - Updated June 2020
Talk To Us
Dean Ellis, Program Manager/Training Coordinator
William Hicks, Testing Coordinator
Nikki Berntsen, Technical Records Specialist II
Penny Rainey, Office Specialist II
Fire Service Technology
College of Eastern Idaho
Alex D. Creek Building
1600 South 25th East
Idaho Falls, ID 83404
Phone: (208) 535-5441
Toll Free: (800) 662-0261
FAX: (208) 523-1815